Wednesday, July 25, 2012

2012 Summer

Kindergarten has been my life for the last 13 years. This 2012-2013 school year I will be teaching Third Grade. For years I have been using different ways to reach every child in my classroom. I started using parts of Power Teaching, which is now Whole Brain Teaching. In kindergarten, using the rules with the gestures is GREAT! The Class/Yes is a great way to maintain classroom management. I am taking those two strategies with me to third grade.

I have decided to use Whole Brain Teaching this school year. I am so excited. I watched several webcast last night and I am so motivated and tickled pink. So much so, that I wish school was starting next week.

So, check out www.wholebrainteaching.com and you can decide if you believe this will work for your children in your classroom.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like I am your second follower!

    Third grade is a blast! I moved from 5th to third and I LOVE IT! Between WBT and third grade... I am in TEACHER HEAVEN!

    I totally understand your readiness to start soon! I am too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deanna! I am really looking forward to sharing the experience.

    ReplyDelete